"Place and promotion overlap when organisations extend their pressence online with links from other sites or with microsites in relevent places as the brand gets wider promotion, and simultaneously increases its distribution as the brand is, effectively, available for purchase more widely online. Place means the place of purchase, distribution and in some cases consumption. Some products exploit all three aspects of place online, for example, ditigizable products such as software, media and entertainment" (eMarketing eXcellence: planning and optimizing your digital marketing By Dave Chaffey, P. R. Smith)
Finally spend some time looking at the National Marketing Awards (UK). Select two of the winners and discuss them on your blog page in terms of the promotional mix. What communications tools were used in each award i.e. Advertising, selling, public relations etc
I could not get the website to work, I will come back to this question when I have access to another computer as I think it is a problem with my computer
When assessing webpages from a marketing point of view, it is more complicated than running through a checklist from a Marketing textbook. At first glance, what do you think of Facebook, Twitter, MSN, Hotmail, or eBay? They do not look great. Why do they work?
I always thought facebook was complicated to work, so for a long time I just used myspace because it was easy to navigate and I was used to it. I recently set up a facebook account, I still find it kind of difficult so I hardly ever use it, I also have an issue with putting personal details on the internet, even though my profile is set to private I'm sure hackers could work a way around that. I think it works because its an easy way for people (friends, family, co-workers) to stay in touch. Twitter is lame and I think the only reason it works is because celebrities are using it and people are obsessed with them, MSN was fun two years ago, it works because it doesnt cost anything and its easy to use, I dont like the new set up of hotmail... my computer doesnt work well with the way its set out, and I find the advertising on hotmail always covers my emails which is very annoying, it works because it is popular and easy to use. eBay is easy to navigate and is a great place for buyers and sellers to participate in commerce, thats why it works.
Craigs List: Who is Craig? Who cares about his list? Is this a serious business? As a marketer what would your advice to Craig have been ten years ago?
Craig is the founder of craigs list, his full name is Craig Newmark
People who use it. "To a user craigslist appears to be a local listings site. But behind each page of blue links is a publishing system that serves more than 45 million people each month, and produces 100 million dollars in revenue annually"
It promotes prostitution, how can that be a serius business... but i guess as it is still operating today it must be doing something right and must be successful.
My advice would be dont market sex, its bad publicity or something along those lines. I am not a fan of craigs list, and until recently I had never heard of it

No comments:
Post a Comment